So many of our current and past Berlin residents donate their family treasures to us. Much of the Society’s collection has been donated. We are grateful for these donations; we display them proudly in our Museum, use the photographs in our slide shows and programs, leverage the diaries and letters in our research, helping others seeking family information, or publicizing them. Recent donations include:
This painting, done by Douglas Demers (1891-1969) was donated by Marilyn Skinner in May, 2019. It is a painting of the Town Farm, the old “alms house”, where people without a home would live. The photo, of the same site, was donated by the Massirio family.
With the closing of Labieniec’s in April, the owner –Joyce and John Connery of Newington – removed the shingles from the barn and donated them. We will be mounting them and hanging them in our Berlin Historical Society Museum at the Berlin Fair.
Donations of Berlin artifacts can be made at the Berlin Historical Society Museum, Saturday’s 1 -4, April – December, 305 Main Street, Kensington or by appointment by calling 860-828-5114.