Each year, the Berlin Historical Society creates special exhibits for the annual Berlin Lions Fair (September 13 – 15, 2019). Our Barn Museum is located near the south gate, just up from the tractor pull area.
In 2005, the Berlin Lions invited the Berlin Historical Society to creatively exhibit their collection of farm implements. For its efforts, the Society won the Lions President’s Award. We have been in the barn ever since. Located near the south gate, just up from the tractor pull area, the barn museum features exhibits, a continuous slide show, and our country store. It is a popular gathering spot.
Exhibits: Each year, the Society prepares special exhibits for the Fair. 2018 featured a recreated Beckley Tavern.
The Gallery: A collection of pictures and topics that change yearly. Featured have been famous Berlin people, trains, then and now pictures among many others.
Slide Show: A new show has been created each year. Ranging from 20 – 30 minutes, visitors get to sit and enjoy historic Berlin.
Country Store: Our store features Berlin inspired items as crockery (exclusive to the Society), Berlin literature, branded spices, local honey, and crafts. Of course, our famous homemade confections are available, as well as Berlin made jams and jellies.
2019 Exhibits include:
- The Fuller Tavern: a recreation of this tavern on Worthington Ridge. George Washington visited here.
- World War II Exhibit: Berlin Brothers In Arms, honoring Berlin residents that served.
- The Gallery: World War II memorabilia
- Slide Show: based on our popular story share of Worthington Ridge.
- And, a special children’s exhibit to be announced!